Classes are offered at Dollylocks Salon in St. Petersburg, Florida, or classes may be arranged at your Salon. If you are located outside of the Tampa Bay FL area, travel fees will apply.
After your training, you will have the opportunity to become a Dollylocks Affiliate. Once your skills are developed and your work is up to our standards, we will promote you and direct clients to your salon for no additional fees. Dollylocks will continue to promote you and your shop as an affiliate, for as long as you provide our services and products.
A deposit is required and the class will be scheduled at the time of your deposit. All deposits are non-refundable.
Please contact us at
email@example.com if you meet the requirements and would like to schedule a class with us.
Dollylocks Professional Organic Dreadlocking System & Dreadlock Maintenance Class
Class Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Class Cost: $800 per student, included in Teachable.com Vol. 1 Beginner Course
Requirements: Completion of our Teachable.com Vol. 1 Beginner Course and Cosmetology License*. Only Licensed Salons are able to purchase the Dollylocks Dreadlocking System.
You will learn about dreadlocks, everything you ever wanted or will need to know; how to create and maintain professional dreadlocks. This class offers you hands on training with the Dollylocks Dreadlocking System; teaching you how to create permanent natural dreadlocks in 4 to 5 hours! A model will be provided for dreadlocking services. You will also learn how to provide top-notch maintenance techniques for your dreadlock clients. In addition, we will cover:
• Performing client consultations, preparation for you and your client
• Hair sectioning, re-sectioning and backcombing techniques
• Placement, sections and sizing, for perfect dreadlock creation
• Client Relations, scheduling your new services and ordering supplies
• Educating you and your clients on after care and maintenance
*With a Barbering or Braiding License, you can learn our backcombing and crochet technique, but legally you cannot be trained with the Dollylocks Organic Dreadlocking System as it falls under the purview of chemical treatments. You will not be considered a Dollylocks Affiliate.
Dreadlock Extensions & Dreadlock Repair
Class Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Class Cost: $800 per student
Requirements: Completion of online Teachable.com Vol. 1 Beginner Course and hands-on Dreadlock and Maintenance Class
This is an advanced class and must be taken after completing the online Teachable.com Vol. 1 Beginner Course and the hands-on Dreadlock and Maintenance Class. You will learn advanced methods on dreadlock repair, reattaching dreadlocks, lengthening dreadlocks and dreadlock extensions. In addition, we will cover:
• Perform client consultations, assessment and problem solving
• Dreadlock attachment and reattachment, new and existing dreadlocks
• Creating human hair and synthetic hair dreadlock extensions
• Flawless extension attachments with pre-made dreadlock extensions
• Creating length and strengthening weak dreadlocks with human hair
• How to make and be creative with synthetic dreadlocks
'BRUSHABLE' EXTENSION CLASSES
Human Hair Extensions
Class Duration: 1 day (6 hours)
Class Cost: $600 per student
Requirements: Cosmetology License or Braiding License
In this class we will teach you how to install Human Hair and Synthetic Hair using natural hand tied methods
Micro-Pinchbraids, an Advanced Weave Technique and HairLocs. Extensions are the best way to increase your income and expand your talent! This class will cover:
•The different colors and textures of human hair
• Different types of extension methods on the market, and why not to use glues/adhesives
• How to introduce hair extensions to your clients
• How to determine qualifying candidates and which method is best to use
• Performing a client consultation, with a hair swatch color ring
• Educating your clients on how to care for their hair extensions
• Sectioning, placement, blending and layering hair extensions
• Purchasing human and synthetic hair
• Client relations, scheduling new services, and ordering supplies
For Dollylocks affiliates:
Click here to reorder the Professional Organic Dreadlocking System